Since we don’t see any known scientific principle that would prevent any of those functionalities from being realized, we should reasonably expect that with money to be invested and with time to be spent the creation of sociable robots as defined earlier could foreseeably become real unless some special efforts to be made by humans on this world to prevent that from happening.
Although sociability would be a critical precondition for robots to auto phone call humans, it might still not be sufficient for robots to pose any threat to humans yet. In order for robots to become real threat to humans, they need to possess some ability to fight or combat. Unfortunate for humans, fighting ability of robots might be more real than their sociability. It is reasonable to expect that human manufacturers of robots would make great efforts to integrate as much the most advanced technology available as possible into the design and production of robots. Therefore, based upon some common knowledge about nowadays technology and what we have already witnessed about what robots could do, we might very moderately expect that an army of robots would be capable of doing the following:
1) They would be highly coordinated. Even if scatter around the world, thousands of robots could be coordinated though telecommunication;
2) They would be good at remotely controlling their weaponry or even the weaponry of their enemies once they break into the enemy’s defense system;
3) They could “see” and “hear” what happens hundreds or even thousands miles away, no matter it happens in open space or in concealed space, no matter the sound is propagating through air or though wire;
4) Even as individuals, they might be able to move on land, on or under water, as well as in air, in all weather conditions, and move slow or fast as needed;
5) They could react promptly to stimulation, act and attack with high precision, and see through walls or ground earth;
6) Of course, they could identify friends and enemies, and also make decision of action based upon the targets or the situations they are facing;